Laughing Baby

Laughing Baby
Can U Smile?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why Isn't The Whole World Smiling?

I remember an old song that most people today would probably say is corny.  But the lyrics of the song began with, "When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you . . ."  I don't know if that song is really true--maybe it used to be, but it doesn't seem to be any more.

As I was going about my errands preparing for Thanksgiving Day and my project for cooking for my family, of course it meant going here and there in stores to get the necessary items for the menu.  I began to pay attention to people and the looks on their faces and noticed that very few people were smiling.  Even when I smiled hoping to get a smile back, I saw blank stares at best, and most often, people avoided looking at all.  Let's face it, there are a lot of things wrong in the world.  But there are also some good things going on.  I think, just having the mind to go to the store and the money to pay for the meal I am planning is something to be able to smile about.

I decided I wanted to start a blog dedicated to finding things to smile about.  And if I can convince a few folks to join me in a campaign to find something to smile about, at least it will make a difference to the few of us who prefer to smile and celebrate what is good about life and about the world.

Join me, won't you!

R. Fitch

No comments:

Post a Comment